[plug] CVS timezones

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Apr 29 15:01:43 WST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 02:18:01PM +0800, Ryan wrote:

| When I install Debian I always say the clock is set to GMT
| (even if it isn't) as I never bothered to find out what that question was
| really asking.  Am I wrong to do that?  If so, how do I fix it?

Maybe :)  If you are duel-booting[1] Linux and Windows, it's a good way of
ensuring that either Linux or Windows or possibly both has no idea what
time it is.  If you are only running Linux on that machine, it doesn't
matter what you say, although setting the CMOS clock to GMT has
advantages if you live somewhere odd where they have daylight saving.

Cameron.

[1] Tpyo intentional.