[plug] RPM requires/provides question

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 11:40:39 WST 2003

> different calling options. Now the atoz package does not provide the abc
> def ghi jkl etc programs themselves but when you ask these entries what
> package is providing this functionality with the whatprovides clause the
> result will be the atoz package.

That makes sense, but it still feels inconsistent to me. If a package provides
functionality for abc def etc, it should say so when asked. Well, I'd have
thought so anyway. :o)

Another answer to my problem, someone suggested, would be to write a script
which does an "--erase --test" for each installed package. Those that don't
complain are candidates for removal. That's a much better solution which
keeps me away from all the provides/requires stuff.

--
> eatapple
core dump