[plug] [OT] LCD screens

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Aug 8 16:35:48 WST 2003

>>I cleaned mine with a damp cloth, upon which i then sprayed Windex. Thats
>>right, Windex on the cloth.
>>
>>It cleaned about 5 years of crap away painlessly.
>
> And I have taken to using the soft wipes I clean my glasses with.
> They are just one use throw away.. and so far they havent hurt
> either my glases or my screen.

I use a damp lint-free cloth ( you know, like you clean
glasses/windscreens/monitors with ) with just a tiny amount of detergent
on it, then go over it again with a dry lint-free cloth. Works wonders,
no streaks or anything.

I'll never use anything like Windex on a monitor, having seen what that
exact product did to a coated professional monitor. Wow - sticky goop in
tearing globs. The guy eventually /kind of/ fixed it by using a truly
vicious solvent to totally remove the coating, but the monitor is very
mich worse off w/o the coating.

Craig Ringer