[plug] checking for existence of an application

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Aug 8 19:19:16 WST 2003

okay, but that would put you in an interactive mode in which case you need to exit this session. I do not see how one would get the name of the mta to put into a variable.  This has to work from within a script without user intervention.
Just want to use a "if exist" (DOS) type statement.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> zombie at penguincare.com.au 6:29:48 PM 8/08/2003 >>>
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, quoth Jon  Miller:

> Is there a way to check for the existence of the mail program in use.

Telnet to localhost on port 25 and read the banner.
(unless someone's deliberately disguised it)

 - Matt