[plug] unzip

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Aug 9 02:09:08 WST 2003

>>Like to know if SCO Openserver has a utility like unzip to unzip a pkware zip files?  Since I do not have a SCO server, I'm in the process of writing a script to perform a task that requires a unzip utility.
>
> There is skunkware too:
>
> http://stage.caldera.com/skunkware/osr5/cdmt/dist/shellutil/unzip-5.3/

You'll definitely want to use this, not a version you compile yourself.
Getting the SCO development environment going is a horrible job, and
getting it's cc to build anything is worse. Especially any programs
written in the last 4 + years. You'll usually have to install a huge
slew of GNU (read: working) tools just to get going at all.

I'd be amazed if the Skunkware folks didn't want to gnaw off their own
hands in frustration. Their openssh implementation uses a pseudo-random
number generator DAEMON becuse OpenServer doesn't even provide a
/dev/{,u}random ...

I've installed bash, gzip, GNU tar, unzip, bzip2, and a few other tools
to make the SCO system I have at work vaguely useable, but wouldn't
reccomend messing with an existing SCO system if possible. Darn thing is
too easy to break.

Did I mention how weird it is that they seem to keep half the
executables in /etc and half the user config, spools, etc in /usr?
*shakes head*

Craig Ringer