[plug] send e-mail via command line

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Aug 9 19:49:19 WST 2003

mail doesn't work either, the error was

gateway:~# echo "Virus updates completed" |/usr/sbin/sendmail -s "IDE updated" jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
sendmail: invalid option -- s
sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
gateway:~#

I can get it to work this way without the -s , but I thought the -s was for the subject line.  Also I'm trying to get it to include a from: parameter.
The MTA is postfix on this system.

Thanks

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

In message <sf354b1a.060 at mmtnetworks.com.au>
on Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:27:16PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> I tried sending an e-mail with a subject via the command line and this did not work using
> echo " Test" | sendmail -s "Test SubjectLine" jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au.

Does it work if you use `mail` instead of `sendmail`?

PS. You forgot to include the exact error message or explanation of "did
not work"!