[plug] AutoFS and Windows Shares

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 11:23:57 WST 2003

AutoFS is handy.
/etc/auto.net is a very cool and handy program map for auto-mounting nfs
shares on demand.
I can't seem to find a similar map for mounting Samba/Windows shares!

I would've thought such functionality would be very useful, and not that hard
to do. Am I missing something about the complexity of such a thing? It
doesn't seem that hard to whip up a Perl (personal language of choice)
/etc/auto.smb ...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |