[plug] nvidia and Debian

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Aug 15 07:38:30 WST 2003

I too was having a problem with the GF4MX440 and the G4FX5200 card, there is a script on the nvidia site that helps with the install.  Might check the following:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_ia32_1.0-4363 and download the installer.

JLM

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> denehud at iprimus.com.au 10:38:10 PM 14/08/2003 >>>
MessageHi

I've just switched to Debian and pleased at getting programmes going easily compared with my struggles in Mandrake.

One problem I still have is getting the 3D engine going on my nvidia GeForce4 MX440.

I"ve seen a note by a Debian user who downloaded nvidia-glx-src 1.0.2880-3  and nvidia-kernel-src 1.0.2880-1   from Debian and got a great 100fps performance! I copied what this fellow said, but I am wondering if anyone on this list could tell details on how they got their nvida card going?

Thanks

Dene