[plug] blocked site

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Aug 16 21:13:40 WST 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:58, Jon Miller wrote:
> Would this be due to a mass mailing
> that the client on this VPN sent (~3000 e-mails, their client list).

If this pi^H^Hannoyed just 1% of their customers enough to report, they
got reported thirty times. (-:

One disreputable place I worked for asked me to add MajorDomo for them,
and I told them it would be a bad idea because there were more secure
mailers about and besides, it might annoy someone enough to break their
box.

They told me to go ahead anyway, and the box was history (they broke in,
surprise, through MajorDomo) within 30 minutes of the first message
going out - then they refused to pay me for any of my work for them at
all.

Cheers; Leon