[plug] OpenOffice.org 1.1

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 18 21:28:39 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

> PDF export also works very well, although the files are 10x larger than
> the Flash and seem to lose the text antialiasing. It exports with the
> whole page set to the background colour, rather than a rectangle of
> backround colour on a white true-background as several other systems
> do. I now have no less than three ways of turning a document into a
> PDF; via OOo, via CUPS and via SaMBa.

The PDF is also much larger than it needs to be: I did a PDF export of a
doc that came out to about 400KB or thereabouts.  I used Win2PDF (a
print driver for windows that generates a PDF) that came out to about 15KB.

But apart from that, I'm extremely pleased with 1.1.  I haven't tried
CUPS or Samba options for PDF yet - I upgraded from Mandrake 8 to
Mandrake 9 and am looking forward to trying that out.

Steve.