[plug] TSG code identified, it's from Unix v6 published in 1976

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Aug 20 18:45:18 WST 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:14:45PM +0800, Scott Middleton wrote:

| You seem to know what i was talking about. Do you know the companies
| name doing the "suiting"? I was interested but missed the majority of
| it. I didn't even know you could patent genes, can you copyright them as
| well? Please enlighten me!  :) Off-list if you like.

Monsanto are one of the major companies with patents on DNA, but I'm not
sure if they were the ones in the case you mentioned earlier.  They have
done some pretty ugly things in the past so it wouldn't surprise me.

And re. what Bernd said about patents and copyrights being completely
different animals:  legally this might be true, but either can be used
for lawsuits-as-business-model companies.

Cameron.