[plug] Linux thin clients

Stephen Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 22 17:22:58 WST 2003

>Howdy !
>
>I'm trying to find a retailer who does Linux thin clients, something
>to the effect of this, but of course based on Linux:
>http://www.wyse.com/products/winterm/3125se/index.htm
>
>We've already received a 3125se for a week long trial and sure it
>looks nice (no maintenance compared to our current library machines
>which have old, unreliable hardware, are very slow and fairly noisy)
>but I'd much prefer an open source solution.
>
>We're going to be using them in our public library which means they
>need a web browser and that's it, if anyone knows of any retailers I
>can contact about getting one for a trial, please let me know !
>
>Thanks
>Kai

Try Everything Linux - they're Australian, delivery has been prompt
for me, and I think their prices are reasonable. I bought an ELS1003
- Via C3 533MHz fanless with 40GB - it's now running as my
firewall/server. Quiet enough to leave on in the house!

I also bought a Compact Flash / IDE adapter to do a fully solid state
version, but that hasn't materialised yet :)

http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/cat/systems/thinclients

(Disclaimer: I have no association with them except for buying
products)

Steve