[plug] Recording from Stereo Mix

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 23 10:24:46 WST 2003

I wish to record some people singing karaoke. I am using XMMS to play the
song files. I wish to know what to use to record both the song playing and
the singer. I did this before using record -c 2, but I don't know how I got
it to record the 'stereo mix'
If I set record source to igain it appears to work except records it way to
load and distorts. What do I have to select as the input source?
I am using a different sound card to last time but can put the old one back
in. I know under XP you can select stereo mix.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA