[plug] from the Beeding Obvious Department

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Aug 25 11:57:06 WST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:33:47 +0800 (WST) Garrz <garbuck at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A34978-2003Aug23?language=printer

Obvious to technical people but consider that this is a technical issue
which is being accurately reported in mainstream media; The Washington Post.

The fact that it is being reported is just as significant as the content.

Another example was a recent article I saw that was discussing the latest
version of Office; due RealSoonNow. Within the article was comparison with
Star Office and OpenOffice.org. Information about new products from Redmond is
no longer just a marketing advertorial. Alternative points of view are appearing
more frequently in the mainstream media. I'll see if I can find the link .. RSN.

Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/