[OT] TV [plug] Linux HDTV Card. As seen on /.
r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Aug 25 15:43:13 WST 2003
On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:40:48PM +0800, Quintin Lette wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:34 pm, Simon Scott wrote:
> > > Who watches television anyway?
> From my experience TV works like this...
> ... Oh cool, there's a good show on TV at ....
> 5 minutes before the show... hmm, i'll just finish this configuration...
> 3 hours after the show... oops, damn, missed the show.. oh well... back to the
> configuration of ... then :)
My experience is:
- Look at tv guide or read somewhere about interesting show, generally a
- Plan/hope to see it.
- Go to tv room near show time.
- Notice other people dimly watching Everybody Loves Raymond or Stargate
or any other interchangeable, homogeneous... umm... show. Notice that
noone is laughing, even if the show is billed as a comedy.
- For a split second, think about asking to change the channel, then
realise the chances of that happening. Hint: there are two chances.
- Go back to programming / configuring / reading / learning.
-- Fortune says:
You can't cheat the phone company.
More information about the plug