[plug] The world has disappeared

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Aug 25 20:41:38 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 20:25, Steve Boak wrote:
> Any help or suggestions welcome (hopefully a few people saying 'me
> too')

Does "Me too - not" help?

Seriously, without any troubleshooting we're unlikely to actually to be
in a position where we can assist. You already indicated that you
"totally rearranged" your network, so I'd be looking for problems there
first.

If you can see Australian sites, is that because you're pointing at a
proxy server that is perhaps inside your network, or inside your ISP's
network?

Are you able to ping anything?

Can you ping things from the firewall - given that you say it's a Debian
box?

Can you plug your workstation into the outside net and ping the world
from there?

I could go on, but some of the above should give you more than enough to
get started.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..