[plug] Linux thin clients

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 26 10:30:39 WST 2003

>>If I see a small C3 based machine with two onboard NICs and one PCI, or
>>one onboard NIC and two PCI, I'll buy it in a second.
>
> Have you heard of "Lex"??
>
> 	http://www.lex.com.tw/cv860b.htm
> 	http://www.lex.com.tw/Product-list.htm

I hadn't, no. Once I managed to decode their spec sheet (almost ended up
pasting it into OO.o and formatting it so I could see WTF was going on),
it doesn't really look like what I need. 3 NICs, but no PCI or mini-PCI.
It'd do the job, but adding built-in 802.11b wouldn't be possible.

I doubt my chances of getting support if I bought one, too. The pages
were last modified in June, and the manual download still says "soon".
Reassuring. Anybody have any actual experience with these folk, because
their website sure doesn't exude confidence.

I'll keep them in mind. Unfortunately, their website's front page
doesn't seem to like my browser, showing only the text "Embedded System"
(not a link) and a reccomendation that I use IE 4 or above. Yay. So I
don't know what their prices are, if they'll ship, etc.

These are cool, though:

http://www.lex.com.tw/Images/rs003.jpg
http://www.lex.com.tw/Images/20030401/Large/RS001.b.jpg

given the thin clients and such we were looking at earlier.