[plug] "hdc: lost interrupt" - prob with 2.4.20 kernel

Sham Chukoury chukours at ses.curtin.edu.au
Thu Aug 28 02:26:56 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 06:59, Denis Brown wrote:
> I'd say definitely an Intel offerring :-)    The general thought on this
> "lost interrupt" scenario is that the kernel "got bored" waiting for an
> interrupt to arrive.   I guess a longer timeout would help, but then you
> might get into a situation where unneccesary wait times were incurred,
> blah, blah...   Looks like 2.4.22 fixes it anyway along with other errors
> highlit in your eleusis reference.
>
> Interesting (in eleusis) that the PIIX tuning option went missing - must
> admit to not have noticed it myself at the time.   Not even sure I can
> recall seeing it in the 2.4.22 build yesterday - will check on it but so
> far so good.

Hmmm... I downloaded the 2.4.22 kernel sources this afternoon and
quickly built a kernel (using the config from my current kernel and
tweaking a few things).

Shambhala:~$ uptime
 02:24:19 up  8:19,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.65, 1.11
Shambhala:~$ uname -a
Linux Shambhala 2.4.22 #1 Wed Aug 27 17:55:31 WST 2003 i686 unknown

All good so far. :) Btw, I didn't notice the PIIXn tuning support option
in this menuconfig either... maybe they've fixed it in the source code.
:P

Regards
§:)