[plug] Cups & Debian

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Thu Aug 28 12:30:49 WST 2003

Without actually giving you the info you are after, if you add the
stable, testing and unstable sources to your /etc/apt/sources.list file,
you can then add:

APT::Default-Release "stable";

to your /etc/apt/apt.conf file and then run

apt-get install -t unstable cupsys (or whatever) and it will pull the
chosen package(s) from unstable, but all dependencies will come from
woody, unless they are required from testing or unstable. This then
allows you to have a woody system with chosen/required testing and
unstable packages.

Keep in mind that apt shits itself with too many sources so you may need
to add:

APT::Cache Limit 10000000;

to your /etc/apt/apt.conf file as well.

Adam.