[plug] Running a script to parse a script with args

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Aug 28 15:29:42 WST 2003

Ok, this is complicated/messy. Say I have a Perl script which parses a text
script/input and does things. I want to integrate a certain run of a set of
data. So, I can do that by having a text file with:

    #!/usr/bin/perl /my/perl/script
    data....

This works! However, I can't figure out how to run /my/perl/script with
certain command line args. I can run from the prompt:

    /usr/bin/perl /my/perl/script some args

But I can't put this in a text file to run as a script with included data:

    #!/usr/bin/perl /my/perl/script some args
    data....

It returns an error indicating perl is trying to run "/my/perl/script some
args" as the script name.

Any ideas?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |