[plug] MTA perference

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Aug 28 18:07:56 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 17:51, Jon Miller wrote:
> Matt's comments on Postfix, prompts me to ask the group there opinion
> on the best MTA for use in an enterprise.  Looking for opinions
> regarding the following:

Being in the process of going through a little support issue with exim,
I stumbled across an individual who said whilst supporting me:

        I gave you the best advice I can based on 7 years
        internetworking experience (5 at UUNET SA), 6 years of Exim use,
        2 years running what remains the fastest known single Exim
        server in the world and 2 years running a busy firewall cluster
        (5,000 to 11,000 simultaneous connections).

So, from their reading, I can say, great support from experienced
individuals, a responsive mailing list, seems to run on a big server and
installs with apt-get install exim.

So, I dunno.

It works for me...

Does that help?

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..