[plug] Compiling C programs using Knoppix

J and J Powell cosmos at avon.net.au
Sat Aug 30 08:41:10 WST 2003

Hi Everybody,

I need to compile and run simple C programs (written by me)

      on a platform supporting POSIX and ANSI C
      compile under Linux

Can I do that by simply using my self booting Knoppic CD?

Also I will need to use a C compiler. I have used Pacific-C in the past
with Windows. Does anyone know if Pacific-C will work with Knoppix?
And if it doesn't what and where I can get a C-Compiler that will do this.

Any help very much appreciated
Bye Janice

At 08:05 AM 30/8/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 16:17, Kai Jones wrote:
>> If you all want to come to Broome for the weekend and hold the
>> workshop/lecture here then I'd be happy to come along and have a look :)
>> Thanks for the offer though ! :)
>
>See, if you'd told us that before, I could have called in whilst my van
>was being fitted with a new hose-clamp. Instead we watched sun-set at
>Cable-beach, had dinner at the beach cafe and went to sleep in
>some-or-other caravan park surrounded by loud, elderly, complaining
>tourists :-)
>
>But, now I'm in Kununurra :-)
>
>Ciao,
>

>Onno Benschop
>
>Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls,
Kununurra, WA)
>--
>()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
>--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..
>
>Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central,
Dalcon