[plug] Apache php3 module

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Dec 4 16:12:35 WST 2003

Hi Folks,

It has been a few years since I've installed php and back in the day it
all went off without a hitch so I probably never learnt what I was doing
:)

I can install php4 no worries and it all works.  I wanted to have a look
at phpgroupware which needs php3, so i've purged php4 and installed the
php3 package which says it is the 'apache module', but can't get it
cranking.

It is just passing the documents to the browser with an
application/x-httpd-php type and the raw code, as if the module isn't
you don't declare a directory as a ScriptAlias or ExecCGI for standard
CGI.

The mime bits are obviously working but it is failing elsewhere?

Simple tests in the doc root of '<?PHP_INFO();?>' confirm this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is it possible to use php3 reliant things under php4 if I bastardise the
dependencies?

I'm using apache 1.3.29 on Debian.

Thanks,

Ryan