[plug] discrimination

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Dec 4 17:53:20 WST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 04:13:23PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
| spark appears to have ~3 hour email delay on my last message! Yet others
| seem to be seeing the message and able to reply shortly after.  test
| messages from work to my iinet account seem fine so they seem in the
| clear.

Perhaps it's somehow related to Iinet's mail servers.  (I notice that
you and Daniel both have @iinet addresses.)  My experience in the past
has been of mail randomly delayed for hours (or days) when passing
through mail.iinet.  FWIW after comparing the Delivery-date and Date
headers it seems I received the message you referred to about 10 minutes
after you sent it, and haven't noticed any unusual delays with PLUG
mail.

Cheers,

Cameron.