[plug] discrimination

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Dec 4 18:11:21 WST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 05:56:33PM +0800, Daniel Pearson wrote:
| Hmm.. the same thing used to happen to me though, even when I wasn't using
| iiNet's mail servers.. strange eh?

But if your email address is @iinet.net.au then how is mail delivered to
it without it passing through Iinet's mail server?

Messages from you and Bill are obviously reaching spark.plug quickly
enough as I received them long before you did.  But it seems to take a
while to get from spark.plug back to you; since spark would be
delivering the mail to iinet.net.au's MX in the case of both you and
Bill, and the two of you have recently complained about the delays, it
seems reasonable to suspect that either mail.iinet has issues or spark
has problems talking to mail.iinet.

Cameron.