[plug] Linux OBDR backup software

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Dec 4 23:34:56 WST 2003

Sorry, In my last post I meant to say you can try it for free to see if it meets your needs.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> ryan at is.as.geeky.as 9:56:34 pm 4/12/2003 >>>
I was just reading this - specifically the section on OBDR (One Button
Disaster Recovery):

http://www.aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/1210.html

So my HP DAT40 (when it works) can boot tapes - yay!

Does anyone know of any freely available tape backup software which
supports OBDR (creates appropriate images automagically during a
backup)?  I know BRU does it, that's all I've found so far.

I have to try this, simply to say I have :)

Has anybody actually done this stuff?

Ryan