[plug] xmlsoft.org

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Dec 9 10:57:48 WST 2003

> But what name servers are you using? (If records are unavailable
> upstream, it will take a while to propagate to UWA's proxy. But I
> notice that, FWIW, ns1.iinet.net.au and ns3.iinet.net.au seem to
> resolve your quoted names fine.)

Indeed. I'm not having any DNS troubles either (I use iiNet DSL) but I'm
definitely having connectivity issues to some bits of the 'net.

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/australia.htm
shows nothing out of the ordinary.

BTW, I've found iiNet's DNS the most reliable around, bar none. I use
them as a backup DNS no matter which ISP I'm getting my connection
though - in fact, iiNet's DNS was an absolute lifesaver a few years ago
when I (briefly) had Telstra cable. I had add-on iiNet mail accounts,
used iiNet DNS, but got my ip connectivity through Telstra - that way, I
had almost 50% uptime :-P

If only their mail services and external links could live up to the
incredible standard of reliability set by their DNS.

Craig Ringer