[plug] xmlsoft.org

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 9 11:39:43 WST 2003

In message <20031209033247.GC877 at erdos.home>
on Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:32:47AM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> | Try `dig @dns.iinet.net.au xmlsoft.org` :)
>
> Same result. On the other hand: "dig xmlsoft.org @dns.uwa.edu.au"
> works, as does "dig @dns.uwa.edu.au xmlsoft.org".  So there ;-)

Fair enough. `dig xmlsoft.org @dns.iinet.net.au` didn't work for me...I
though it was syntax, but apparently dns.iinet.net.au no longer works
for me from any location outside iiNet.

> | How odd. What brand of daemon are you running?
>
> The Debian sarge package of bind9 - apparently version 9.2.2+9.2.3rc4-1.

I've not tried bind9 on Linux, but I've been using BIND 9 elsewhere for
years and I've not had the problem you describe. More significantly, UWA
is using bind9 on Debian (presumably the woody package, but I don't know
for sure).