[plug] .org DNS issues

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Dec 9 13:26:04 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 12:36, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:25:20PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> | To me, it looks like your slave config for .org is broken somehow, or
> | the slave zone file is corrupt.
>
> I'm no DNS expert, but surely the fact that I couldn't resolve it even
> when my bind was set up with no forwarders (i.e. Iinet's DNS servers
> weren't involved) would suggest that it's not as simple as this?

I'm currently bypassing my BIND9 server as it is still having problems.
I currently talking directly to the first forwarder I had set in the
config (I have 12 forwarders) and everything is fine.

As soon as I turn BIND back on and point to it, things go pear-shaped.
The first query times-out.  The second query on the same address usually
returns something after about 30 seconds.

The server in question started having problems about 10PM last night,
but as someone pointed out before, all my BIND installations have
periodic times of confusion and need a restart.

Ryan