[plug] [OT] new WN adsl plans

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Dec 9 23:22:36 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>I've talked to a few other ISPs about those prices and they are of the
>unaninmous opinion that SwifTel want to get bought and so are pumping
>their user numbers as hard as they can, and never mind the risk/costs.
>Nevertheless, some ISPs seem to be down to $33/mo!

Yeah, its insane and personally I wouldn't join them even if they were
cheaper on principle (they aren't cheaper for non-metro anyway).

Also apparently the person who is supposed to be their head of ADSL
seems to be a rather distasteful human being (judging from his posts on
Whirlpool (which he was consequently banned from) - and posts on
Swiftel's own forum).  Not to mention that certain people have pointed
out that he's allegedly been with several IT&T companies in managerial
roles that are no longer with us (e.g. Osborne Computers, One.Tel, iGreen).

/ Ben