[plug] [OT] new WN adsl plans

Luke Dudney dex at wn.com.au
Wed Dec 10 09:44:16 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 09:34, senectus wrote:
> Sorry you are right... (I never go for shaping :-P)
> One of the side effects of shaping is that you swap over to another IP
> range.. (its how the shaping billing works), I've always been prepared to
> pay extra for my gluttonous ways.. and therefore have always had the same IP
> address the whole time I have had ADSL with westnet..
>

> From what one of the techies told me - if you take a olan where you're
> prepared to pay for extra downloads (no shaping), you'll keep a static IP.
>
> RichardM

Disclaimer: I work at WN.

While this may have been true before August, and for the few customers
that have remained on the deprecated "Classic" plan, it is not true of
any account you could have signed up for since then.

All plans have the option of a free continual static IP regardless of
whether you opt for shaping or for the $1/GB excess charges.

Cheers
Luke