[plug] PLUG Talks Coordinator Role

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Dec 10 18:06:20 WST 2003

I would like to invite you to be the next Talks Coordinator. I have
thoroughly enjoyed my year, and I do think it is one of the more
interesting roles or activities to contribute to PLUG.

The role is not a committee position and is not onerous, but you do need
to be organised.

**Confirm seminar and workshop meeting schedule with PLUG committee.
**Update PLUG online calendar with seminar and workshop meeting schedule.
**Obtain requests and suggestions of talk topics and speakers.
**Contact and liaise with speaker to confirm date and information to
include in calendar.
**Add Title, Presenter, and Abstract for seminar meetings to online
calendar.
**Post notices of upcoming seminar and workshop to PLUG email discussion
list.
**If required, assist speaker to setup at seminar. Provide with bottle
of water.
**Introduce speaker.
**Thank speaker and request audience to thank speaker.
**Provide date and time of next workshop and seminar.

The next seminar is not until Tuesday 9 February. Also, quite a few
PLUGgers are going to LCA2004, so I would suggest the first seminar as
LCA2004 highlights presented by all those that wish to share their
LCA2004 experiences.

I feel that it is a good idea to have different people contribute and be
active in PLUG activities. Do consider putting your hand up for the role.

If you have any questions about the role, do not hesitate to contact me
or the committee.

--
All the best
Jacqueline McNally

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)