[plug] Weird kernel/boot up messages

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Dec 10 21:24:44 WST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:11:29PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
| In message <20031210125218.GH3310 at erdos.home>
| on Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:52:18PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
| > Looking at that file... it looks like it's due to the system clock being
| > in local time rather than GMT?
|
| What OS was it running previously? (Just curious.)

I've no idea.  I got it with an apparently empty hard drive and erased
NVRAM.  It originally had ARC firmware which suggests it might have been
Windows - but no-one really ran Windows on an Alpha did they?

The system clock being set to local time was due to me, though.

| > Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too - something screwy with
| > /dev/tty*.
|
| Would there be any utility in the invocation of MAKEDEV?

Hmmm, maybe.  *peers into /dev*  Probably not, the device nodes do
exist.

Cameron.