[plug] strangely crashing PPro [long]

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Dec 11 03:55:03 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 02:58, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I have the rest of the decoded oops-es on hand if anybody is interested,
> but all I'm really looking for is a quick opinion/suggestion anyway.

Since all your errors *appear* to come from memory management and you've
tested your memory, I'd be looking for one of the following two
problems:
     1. Faulty sectors in your swap-space
     2. IRQ conflict between HDD and NICs (given that you say you have
        four - that generally means IRQ space is tight...)

HTH

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..