[plug] quotas and hidden files

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Dec 12 11:03:52 WST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:43:55AM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea where these extra files could be hiding, or
> more importantly how to go about trying to find them?

My first check would be the user's mail spool (/var/mail/username).

If you still can not find the files, try using find:

# find -user username_of_person /quota/volume/mount/point/

To exclude the user's home directory, just do something like this:

# find -user username_of_person /quota/volume/mount/point/ | grep -v '^/home/directory/of/user'

Also, make sure you're comparing the same units.  'du -h' is your
friend.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Spoon-feeding, in the long run,
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | teaches us nothing but the shape of