[plug] Upgrade filesystem

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Dec 14 22:28:46 WST 2003

Hello,

Today I went to install Debian on a gateway Pentium Pro. I found that I
could not boot off the ATAPI cd drive and instead used a dos based boot
disk to run the install.bat file from the Debian CD. I noticed that
while the install was very similar it only had the basic device driver
modules categories and although I wasn't thinking about it at the time I
ended up with an old kernel and the ext2 file system.

I've got 2.2.20-idepci currently.

The HD is a quantum fireball (*ducks*) 4gb

So my real question is what is the best way to upgrade the file system
to EXT3 once I have upgrade the kernel?

thanks,

Chris Caston