[plug] Upgrade filesystem

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Dec 14 23:06:24 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 22:59, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 10:49:15PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> | Another thing I guess I could do is actually boot from the wonderful
> | Gentoo based System Rescue cd and perform those tasks from there.
> |
> | It may be safer and I could do it with the root partition unmounted.
> |
> | Thanks for you help I will look into tune2fs further.
>
> AFAIK tune2fs works fine when the partition is mounted :-)

Thanks for telling me that. I just realised that if I couldn't boot from
the CD earlier i'm going to have a hardtime booting the system rescue CD
but possibly a parted boot disk would do the trick. I will try it while
the system is running. I can always rebuild afterall.

>  At the very
> least it's worth a try, the e2fs tools normally scream at you before
> they let you do something stupid...

At least it's before. Some people I know scream at you AFTER you do
something stupid. Hmm computers are better than people because.. (;