[plug] Random troubleshooting (half upgraded knoppix).

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 08:14:24 WST 2003

In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0312150025260.27687 at guildpc7.murdoch.edu.au>
on Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:11:46AM +0800, Pabs wrote:
> When I do a halt/shutdown, init sez at the end of the sequence:
> INIT: no more processes left at this runlevel
> it used to just poweroff, can anyone shed some light?

My initial guess is:

What do you expect it to say? UNIX 'shutdown' typically brings the
system to single-user mode (i.e. on a multi-user system, the most
likely reason for 'shutting down' is to patch the system or repair
a filesystem, not to turn the power off). Maybe there's a poweroff
command or something <shrug/>.