[plug] Cheap Eth=>Audio Solution?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 09:16:13 WST 2003

I'm after a device which can talk TCP/IP over standard networking, and
play music. ie; A way for a server to store & "play" music, transmitted
digitally to a small remote gadget, which can convert it back to music
and pipe to an Amp. And I'm looking for something cheap! ^_^

I mean, ideally, the Slimp3 (http://www.slimdevices.com/) device is the
ultimate, but at around AUS$400, it's a bit more than I want to spend. I
don't need its wonderful plasma display, nor its remote control...

Does anyone know of anything simpler and cheaper?
(I'd also like something fairly small/discrete, so would rather avoid a
huge old PC doing the job...)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |