[plug] I would write 500 lines, and I would write 500 more...

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Dec 15 15:30:24 WST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 03:06:18PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:

| > in Ruby: 500.times{puts "I will not throw paper airplanes in class."}
|
| in zsh:
| repeat 500 echo I will not throw paper airplanes in class.

Both of these have rubbed in to me that Python's iteration construct
sucks, BTW.  :-)

for x in range(500): print "I will not throw paper aeroplanes in class."
# (The Pythons would never have used a Merkin word like "airplane")

But it's better than in Haskell:
	write_lines 0 = return ()
	write_lines n = do putStr "I will not throw paper aeroplanes in class.\n"
	                   write_lines (n-1)
	main = write_lines 500

Cameron.