[plug] P4 1.4

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Dec 16 09:14:29 WST 2003

Derek Fountain wrote:

>>I'd suggest a Celery and motherboard myself. :)
>>

>Not after reading this, you might not... :o)
>
>http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1927&p=1

I can't bring myself to buy or recommend AMDs to anyone at the moment.
The first Athlons were great (the Slot A based ones), and so were the
Thunderbird and Palomino ones (first XPs) performance wise.  But
reliability and cooling wise (with the reliability being tied directly
to the cooling issues), they are shockers.

Versus the P4 1.4 he was going to use.. the slowest Celery you could
probably get new would probably be faster anyway.

/ Ben