[plug] Gold ! :)

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Dec 16 09:50:32 WST 2003

I'm glad it passed as being to "consider" and not to "prefer" OSS
myself.  Personally I think they should be using the right software for
the job.  But they should demand open standards and should at least
seriously evaluate OSS to see if it would fit the task appropriately and
use it where it is appropriate.

    Ms Dundas' Bill calls for government to "consider" the purchase of
    open source software in procurement plans. The original version of
    the Bill would have required the ACT to "prefer" open source software.

/ Ben