[plug] Graphical RPM tool for Red Hat/Fedora

Matthew Prouse matthew.prouse at telstra.com
Tue Dec 16 11:07:04 WST 2003

I'd recommend Ximian Red Carpet for graphical package management. You can download it from ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/redcarpet2/

It's a decent application, pretty enough and can now install from APT, YUM, Red Carpet, local and FTP repositories and resolve dependencies - without that much twiddling.

Id' give it a look. If you'd like to add almost all the Red Hat or Fedora channels at once just add a "channel" with the following URL: http://open-carpet.org

It will see FreshRPMS, DAG, sunsite.dk and the Fedora and RHN repositories without problem. I'd definitely recommend it. If you need a hand drop me a line and I'll be happy to help.

Catch ya!

mousematt