[plug] USB & kernel questions

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 18 14:07:16 WST 2003

Hi,

In message <20031218045256.GE3958 at erdos.home>
on Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 12:52:56PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I shall confess that I really don't have any experience of any other
> "some vendors"[2] or what magic they may be using to work around this...

Why do I say "some vendors"? Well, if I say "some OSs", it sounds like
I'm definitely excluding Linux distributions (and I risk doing something
embarrassing like writing "OSes") and if I say "some distributions", it
sounds like I'm only referring to Linux.

> [2] ... I was mildly amused by the headline on openbsd.org saying
> "Only one remote hole in the default install, in more than 7 years!",

It does sound unbelievable or nonfunctional, doesn't it?