[plug] Mandrake kernel 2.4.22-18 (or higher) anyone?

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Dec 18 14:08:29 WST 2003

Hi Denis,

Try 3fl.net - it had Mdk 9.2 a little while ago, and it's on WAIX, too.

Failing that if you want to motor out to West Perth, I could supply you
with all 3 CD's - give me a day's warning.

RichardM

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 18/12/2003 02:06 PM
-----

                      Denis Brown
                      <dsbrown at cyllene.        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      uwa.edu.au>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [plug] Mandrake kernel 2.4.22-18 (or higher) anyone?
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      18/12/2003 01:53
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

Dear PLUG list members,

The wonder of the internet... a few days ago a lass in Italy happened upon
the discussion we had some months ago, in respect of DSL-200 modems and the

eciadsl package.   It seems she's been trying to get one going using
Mandrake 9.2 with kernel 2.4.22-10 but whenever she plugs in the modem her
system freezes.  The gurus have suggested that she upgrade to kernel
2.4.22-18 instead but in the absence of a high speed link, that seems to be

a problem.   I pointed out that 1) I don't use Mandrake and 2) that I have
never used the eciadsl package let alone a DSL-200 modem and that she might

like to contact an Italian LUG but she's written back a few times and it
would be nice for international relations, etc, etc to maybe get her some
help from over here in Perth.

So, I went on the 'net looking for a Mandrake 2.4.22-18 i586 kernel rpm but

none of the mirrors including PlanetMirror that I have tried, seem to have
it.   I see Arachnet has several CDs for Mdke but they are 9.1 and no
indication of which CD contains the kernel rpm, if any.   I figure that if
I can get hold of one I'll burn a CD and fling it off in her
direction.   So, can anyone on the list point me to a mirror site?   The
Mdke corporate site wants me to sign up in blood before it'll let me
anywhere near the dnld stuff.   Actually it would be better to try for a
2.4.23 kernel wouldn't it, in the light of the recent '22 kernel
problem.   I am *presuming* that a bog-standard kernel will have more than
enough built-in drivers to cater for whatever hardware config she has.

TIA,
Denis