[plug] 2.6.0 is out

Clare Johnstone clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 19 08:13:41 WST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Clare Johnstone wrote:
> Hi, I haven't tried 2.6, but with 2.4.21 and cdrecord 2.0 on new hardware,
> I dont need the ide-scsi, but on old hardware I still need it.
> I think it is a change in the ATA bus(?)  in the newer machine.

Sorry, That is not quite accurate, what I should have said is that I dont
need to tell it about ide-scsi on boot up. I still need the modules I
think. However the main point is that the hardware makes a big difference,
The other difference with the newer hardware is the device name for
cdrecord.

clare