[plug] Whats a good xml editor for linux?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Dec 19 14:52:57 WST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:42:40PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:

| > OOo is an XML editor.
|
| No more than vim; maybe *less*.
|
| Snip the following valid XML and open it with OOo.
[...]

I can edit that just as well with OOo as I can with nvi :-P  But I see
your point.

| Now, is OOo an _XML_ editor?

It depends on how you define XML editor.  Given that its primary use, at
least for me, is to edit data stored in an XML-based format, then I'd
say "yes".  On the other hand, it obviously isn't a general-purpose XML
editor, designed to edit arbitrary XML documents, as you point out.

Cameron.