[OT] [OT] [even more OT] Buttonless mice [was: Re: [plug] Good GUI Interface Design]

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Sat Dec 20 19:59:22 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:

>>What's a "!" key... my keyboard only has a "!!" key ;-)
>>

>That's a bit un-Australian, isn't it?

LOL, I'll say!! (punct. sic. ;-) ) It also doesn't register a "U" after
an "O" or an "S" after an "I". And the dollar sign has two lines. I've
been thinking of trading it in but I'll just wait until voice
recognition is sufficiently easy to use ;-)

<rant relevance-to-list="sqrt(-1)">
On the subject of input devices, what ever happened to the 3D virtual
worlds we were supposed to be having, with the headsets and the
gloves...? I remember going to a place in Perth circa 1995 where there
was an Amiga (reminisces) hooked up to about $100,000 worth of interface
hardware that did that... why hasn't that become affordable yet? I don't
think it was anything special, just a bunch of motion sensors and two
tiny LCDs... (They probably found that prolonged use caused some hideous
medical problem of the eyes... oh well just hook it straight into the
cortex and watch what happens to the microsoft users then ;-) )
</rant>

Cameron Patrick wrote:

>Ahh, so you've got one of these, then:
>
>	http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?entry=17661&display=photoshop