[OT] [OT] [even more OT] Buttonless mice [was: Re: [plug] Good GUI Interface Design]

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Dec 20 20:28:28 WST 2003

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 07:59:22PM +0800, Ben New wrote:

| <rant relevance-to-list="sqrt(-1)">
| On the subject of input devices, what ever happened to the 3D virtual
| worlds we were supposed to be having, with the headsets and the
| gloves...? I remember going to a place in Perth circa 1995 where there
| was an Amiga (reminisces) hooked up to about $100,000 worth of interface
| hardware that did that... why hasn't that become affordable yet? I don't
| think it was anything special, just a bunch of motion sensors and two
| tiny LCDs... (They probably found that prolonged use caused some hideous
| medical problem of the eyes... oh well just hook it straight into the
| cortex and watch what happens to the microsoft users then ;-) )
| </rant>

<waffle relevance-to-list="exp(i*pi)">
I remember seeing (and having the opportunity to play with) something
along those lines at CSIRO in Canberra a couple of years ago.  It
sounded like they were only targeting it for a few specific applications,
though.  Bernard, you were there, right?  Is your memory any less vague
than mine about this?
</waffle>

| Cameron Patrick wrote:
|
| >Ahh, so you've got one of these, then:
| >
| >	http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?entry=17661&display=photoshop
|
| LOL... where did you find that?

I can't remember where I first saw it - a link from somewhere I'd
imagine - but iT5 t3h f|R3t h1t 0/\ 4Eh g0o0G\e:

	http://www.google.com/search?q=31337+keyboard+photoshop&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=xx-hacker

Cameron.