[plug] File formats for embroidery machine

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Dec 22 13:17:34 WST 2003

Hello,

My grandma has recently brought a brand new embroidery machine. It
embroid's images stored on a compact flash card. Anyway I'm planning to
use this to run off some Debian shirts.

>From what I can see the software (customiser 10000+) only works on
Windows and supports the file formats .wmf (MS metafile format used in
word) and something called .sew

Anyway it apparently can also import from .bmp

What I am worried about, however, is losing quality if I have a .gif or
.png from the web that I save as bitmap then import it as .wmf or .sew
(according to how it handles it)

Does anyone know of any Debian clipart already in .wmf .sew or .bmp
format that would likely embroid well?

Also if it turns out well I will likely make shirts for other people as
well. Let me know if your interested.

Regards,

Chris Caston